Saturday, April 25, 2015

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Colour

I dropped in to the pharmacy earlier this week, and as usual went browsing in the nail polish aisle. I was really excited to see that not only did they have the new Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Polishes, but they were also on sale for $1.50 (down from $1.99). I had heard about these polishes from various nail vloggers on YouTube, but I wasn't sure if they were available in Canada yet, so I was really excited to find them! There were a lot of bright, fun colours available, and for the price, I couldn't resist purchasing 12 of the polishes! So today, I'm doing a review on these polishes.

‘Red Red’, ‘Lavender Crème’, ‘Tickled Pink’, ‘Blazed’, ‘Nuclear War’, ‘D’oh!’, ‘Be More Pacific’, ‘Putting on Airs’, ‘Who is Ultra Violet?’, ‘Grape Minds Think Alike’, ‘Ready to Propose’, and ‘Yo Soy’
Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Polishes
Here are the colour names of the polishes (listed left to right):

Upper Row: Warm Colours
Lower Row: Cool Colours & Neutrals
‘Red Red’
‘Be More Pacific’
‘Lavender Crème’
‘Putting on Airs’
‘Tickled Pink’
‘Who is Ultra Violet?’
‘Blazed’
‘Grape Minds Think Alike’
‘Nuclear War’
‘Ready to Propose’
‘D’oh!’
‘Yo Soy’

First off, I really like the look of the packaging. They are so modern, and fun! The only problem I had with the packaging is that when I was swatching the polishes on my nail wheel, I had an incident where the black top of one of the polishes separated from the brush that was supposed to be attached to it, leaving the brush in the bottle. It wasn't that difficult to reattach - I had to lift the brush out of the bottle, place it back in (but not pushed all the way back down), and then place the lid over it and screw them both back into the bottle (see graphic below). It was a little inconvenient, but was easily fixed, and something I can overlook for a budget brand of polish.

Lift brush out of bottle, lower brush but not all the way, lightly place cap over brush, screw shut
How to Reattach Cap to Nail Polish Brush
As for the actual polish. I was quite pleased with the application. The polish was a little on the thick side, but not so much as to pose a problem. Actually, the thickness may have turned out to be a really good thing - all of the swatches below were done with only one thick coat of polish! The only one that really could've used an extra coat was the coral shade 'Blazed'. It's the fourth from the left in the swatch wheel below. In the picture, you can see how it looks a little sheer, and there's a bit of patchiness. In addition to the swatches, I also used one of the the colours for a full manicure. 'Putting on Airs' was used during my 'Earth Day Mani', and I had a similar experience to the test swatches.

‘Red Red’, ‘Lavender Crème’, ‘Tickled Pink’, ‘Blazed’, ‘Nuclear War’, ‘D’oh!’, ‘Putting on Airs’, ‘Be More Pacific’, ‘Who is Ultra Violet?’, ‘Grape Minds Think Alike’,  ‘Yo Soy’, and ‘Ready to Propose’

One thing that I was slightly disappointed with, is that I don't know if all of the colours are widely available here in Canada - or perhaps the drug store chain where I found them does not carry all of the colours. I later went to another location looking to see if they had more shades, but was out of luck. I counted 20 slots on the display at the stores I went to, but I recall seeing at least 24 polishes in the line on YouTube. I did a little googling, and from what I found, it looks like there may be as many as 27 different shades. 

I really wanted this beautiful kelly green shade I had seen called 'Do Pass Go', but couldn't find it in both stores I went to.  Some others I wanted but couldn't find were 'Dreamy Poppy', 'Grasping at Strawberries', and 'She Sells'. I'll keep an eye out for them at different drug stores. Hopefully I'll be able to find them eventually.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with my purchase, and am looking forward to creating beautiful nail art with these new budget-friendly additions to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment